Thursday, February 16, 2012

do what you love - be who you are

Life moves fast. Sometimes TOO fast, but I am so grateful for everything I have and, as cheesy as this  sounds, I can't help but stand in awe of everything good in my life. 

Since August (when I last posted) MUCH has happened:

First off -- NEW HOUSE! :)


It's perfect. Almost too perfect. And trying to find a balance between 2 jobs, working out, spending time with family and friends, and THRIFTING (wellll..duh) is always a struggle. Having this house has given me the opportunity to make it my own. It's given me the chance to get lost in what I do best and what I enjoy the most. Here are a few decorating ideas that I've been given and I've come up with.. ENJOY! 

Thrift store: $12.99

Yup, LOVE. Why spend more than what it's worth?
I LOVE DIY ideas. Especially when creative co-workers show me ideas (ahemmmm Sam) - this is one of my FAVORITE projects yet. You can't get any easier than a wreath made out of old books. It's safe to say, everyone loves this project..and some even followed in the footsteps. :)


Items needed: hot glue gun, razor, old book, stapler, and wooden wreath thingy
-- don't know what it's called :)




Super easy, super cute, super cheap, and actually super fun! 

My next fun project is even easier than the last. My mom saw an idea at another FUN store called Tren D. Home (they have stores in Rosedale and Northtown) and you, more or less, take a plate stand - hang it on the wall, add FUN picture frames, and VOILA we've got ourselves ANOTHER project!

And, YES, it looks much better with pictures :)

I found old picture frames from the thrift store, painted and distressed them,
and added some fun roomie pictures! FUN and totally easy. 

This next project is one of my FAVORITES -- burlap covered lampshades. I DEFINITELY got this idea from my co-worker (thanks again Sam) and I love it. All you need is old lamps....and burlap coffee bags. I got mine at Dunn Bros. Depending on the location, you can either pay a couple bucks each or they give them away for free. Either way, super easy and super cheap.




thrift store lampshade -- before the black, it was brass (yuck!)

Double trouble for each side of my bed! They aren't matching,
but that is OKAY. It gives it FLARE, trust me.

FINISHED
And threw in a pillow for good measure



There is DEFINITELY more where that came from, but, I am so tired. Trust me when I say, anybody came  make these fun and easy projects. All you need is the supplies --  and let your imagination run free.
I'll try to post actual pictures of the stuff in my house - but I need to get around to actually taking pictures. Whoops. 

Until next time, 
Kelly






No comments:

Post a Comment