Sunday, March 20, 2011

Let me explain myself...



Before I dive in too deep with this whole 'blogging' experience, let me take a minute to explain myself. Here I sit (well rather lay) in bed, on a Sunday night, and I am feeling rather inspired. As I lay here with my computer and '4 Christmases' playing in the background (YES, I know it's March) I have so many ideas that are running through my head. For that reason, I wish thrift stores were open 24 hours, so I could jump in my car and take my inspiration where I best put it to use. There's nothing better than taking my ideas and putting them into a project - it's a sort of high - and in many cases, almost makes me feel complete. I love impressing myself, but better yet, I love impressing other people; I love when they get as excited as me and I love even more when I inspire them to take a hand at their own creativity. I also love when other people open my eyes to different ideas.

Now let's back track a little bit...as you read the first paragraph, you're going to think one of two things: A) I get it! or B) What the HECK is she talking about?! WELL, for the latter, where do I even begin?! For as long as I can remember, I've always been motivated by inspiration - I was the girl who would listen to my 'pump up' mix and ask for quote books for my birthday just so I could bring them on the bus as I went from one hockey game to the next; I would piece together different objects to form inspirational words and hang them on my wall, and I was definitely the girl who had a navy blue room with bright  yellow furniture to symbolize stars, quotes, and living life to the fullest. To put it lightly, I took it to a whole new level - some would almost call it corny. I'm the girl who has a sign above my bed that says 'Faith is believing in what you cannot see' that I made a few years ago and have never felt the need to take it down. Now let's cut to the chase -- you are probably wondering WHY I decided to create a blog. Well, to put it simply, I want to be able to show you where I find inspiration, so that you can find your own inspiration as well because I think being unique is beautiful (here I go again... :D). Give me a couple days and I will show you some of my 'past' projects -- some of them I've done myself and some of them I've had a little help, but either way, they define me.

Ta ta for now,

-Kelly


Ps...I told you that sign was above my bed ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment